YouTube – Last Year’s Hopes.
This is what we call a Triple Gold in Olympic speak:
1. It’s a video by Meesoo Lee, friend and most prolific/talented and underappreciated (even by himself) video artist in Canada
2. It’s a song by friend/plaintive singer and pizza-maker extraordinaire Paul Pittman (and his ex-band Young & Sexy)
3: It features ice skating, a sport on heavy rotation on the Olympics right now. Featuring American ice skater Nicole Bobek who is currently awaiting judgment on her summer 2009 arrest for alleged meth dealing. She may get 10 years in jail.
Also, could someone in figure skating please ban the following pieces of music:
1. Anything from Phantom of the Opera
2. Jazz era songs where the skater then does a faux-Charleston on skates
3. Bluegrass-style in which you wear fake spandex overalls with one “strap” hanging loose to make it more authentic
A bunch of comics have been added to the site and will continue to be added this week … about 100 more to go.